Are you looking for a special gift for someone you love? Maybe even yourself? Do you know someone who’s crazy about alpacas but doesn’t have the time or expertise to care for them? Are you thinking of raising alpacas but don’t know how to start?
Sponsoring an alpaca is an opportunity to be part of an alpaca’s life without the daily responsibility of providing hands-on care. It is a way to “dip your toes in” and get to know about life on the alpaca farm. You won’t need to have the expertise to care for alpacas. You won’t need to have a farm or land where you could house and protect them. You can simply enjoy them for the amazing animals they are.
How is the sponsorship money used?
All money received goes directly into the care and welfare of our alpacas to keep them happy and healthy. It’s a very special way you can help support our alpaca farm. Your contribution goes to pay for orchard grass hay at $9 per bale, alpaca feed at $26 per 50-pound bag, monthly herd health costs at $25 per month, and any needed on-site veterinary care. (Please note, these are 2022 prices.) Contact us at (703) 945-0766 for more details.
How it Works
- Choose an alpaca. See our list of alpacas, with pictures and a brief description of each, to make your choice. The list can be found at - Alpacas of SAFW Bio.pdf. All our alpacas are available to be sponsored. Or make an appointment to come to the farm if you prefer to make a hands-on choice.
- Fill out application form, 4 - Sponsor APPLICATION copy.pdf, and mail it, along with sponsorship fee, to the address on the application form. Payment can also be made online at: https://www.sacredacresfarm.com/sponsorship-792
- You will receive your sponsorship package within two (2) weeks of submitting your application and payment.
- We process and dispatch all sponsorship packages within 48-72 hours of order receipt. Please note: We can process sponsorships to start from any date within a 2-month period from the order date.
- A copy of the Alpaca Registry Certificate showing your alpaca’s pedigree and lineage
- A personalized certificate of sponsorship with recipient’s name, signed by us.
- Your alpaca’s photograph and a brief personality biography
- Invitations to farm events such as Shearing Day, National Alpaca Farm Days, and other Open Farm Days
- Visits – by appointment – to visit your alpaca, as specified for each level
- Periodic email newsletters and/or seasonal updates on your alpaca and the rest of the herd
- All other benefits, as specified on your chosen level of sponsorship
Sponsoring an alpaca does not mean you get to take the animal home with you, but you do get all the pleasures of alpacas without the daily responsibilities of care and feeding. Your sponsorship fee covers the time specified for your chosen level of participation. It is NON-REFUNDABLE and does NOT constitute ownership of the alpaca. Please understand that sponsorship is not exclusive and that others may choose to support the same alpaca. The only exclusive sponsorships are those with naming rights for the cria (baby) of pregnant females.
Your payment constitutes your agreement to our terms and conditions.
Please note that we are a working alpaca farm. We are happy to have you and a few visitors come to enjoy time on the farm visiting your alpaca. You will need to schedule any visits at least one week ahead of the time you wish to be on the farm. When you visit, please remember we are a farm, so do dress accordingly, suitable shoes or boots and warm clothing, as appropriate for the weather or the season.
Thursday, July 14, 2022